Monday, August 25, 2014

Taking Care of Myself – The First Weekend

Day 1/100
Saturday, August 23rd

Exercise:
Today I slept in because this week was exhausting. By the time I got up it was too hot to walk outside (above 100 degrees). In the evening I got on my treadmill and walked:


1.571 Miles

31 Minutes and 36 Seconds


For Me:
I finally watched a movie I have been wanting to watch for a while: The Hours. Powerful and thought provoking. I started while on the treadmill and finished it on the couch. :)

The Hours


Day 2/100
Sunday, August 24th

Exercise:
I finally got new running shoes, professionally fitted for the first time. I broke them in with a 1.3 mile walk in the park (27 minutes and 23 seconds). I would have went longer, but it was too hot (it was mid day and the sun was merciless even though I was mostly in the shade of trees). I also got insoles that I could mold to my feet (I have low arches and need extra support). I decided to give SparkPeople's 5K Your Way program another shot. This is similar to C25K (Couch to 5K). I started it twice before and never finished because of foot pain The new shoes and insoles should help with that and this time I will modify the program to doing each phase twice as long to adjust better. I hope this will help me stick to it. After my resolution of soon starting this program again I just went for it and started it today on the treadmill. It consisted of four intervals each of 3 minutes walking and 1 minute running for a total of 20 minutes and 1.1 miles, plus cool down.

My New Shoes: Saucony – Hurricane 16

1.211 Miles

23 Minutes and 15 Seconds

For Me:
Finally getting professionally fitted running shoes. I went to Soler's Sports at Old Bandera Road, which was a great experience. If you are looking for a running store, this is a good one. They are a local business with four locations in the San Antonio area.


Also, some Ben & Jerry's Chunky Monkey – banana ice cream with walnuts and dark chocolate chunks. It is one of few gluten free, corn syrup free ice creams I could find (note that most Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavors contain gluten, either as an ingredient or possible traces due to shared equipment – this one does not). The bananas, cocoa, and sugar in it are also fair trade which is wonderful. And then it was on sale, so yeah, I got some.


Good Stuff

1 comment:

  1. Saucony makes great shoes. And The Hours? Favorite movie EVER. I've watched it over a hundred times. I used to watch it twice a day when I was in my last few weeks of pregnancy with Laurence and already on maternity leave!

    The Hazed and Confused Ben & Jerry's flavor is amazing and GF too. Not sure about corn free though.

    ReplyDelete