Tuesday, April 27, 2010

This is it.

Today I had my last day at work here in Germany. Strange feeling. After I graduated from high school, I did a trainee program at this company. After I finished the program last summer, I worked as an administrative assistant in our Frankfurt branch. And now, I am leaving. Way too soon, but there is a good reason: The loves of my life, my dear husband and our two boys, are waiting on me - in America.

This is where I will be going soon. Starting tomorrow, I will pack my things and get everything out of my apartment. I hope I can do all this within one week. Lots of work ahead, but manageable.

My colleagues invited me to dinner tonight and we went to a typical place for Frankfurt: a restaurant with regional food and "Ebbelwei" (apple wine). As the weather was nice today, we even got to sit outside and enjoy the warm spring air. We had a great time, including lots of laughs and interesting conversations. By the way, how would you define a chick flick? And since we had so much fun, time just flew by. Eventually, we had to say good-bye, which was not easy for me. Even though I have not been at that job for a very long time, I will definitely miss my colleagues. As a little gift for me to take along, they created a CD for me with their favorite songs that reminded them of me. I love the idea of it and I am enjoying the CD right now! Thank you guys (and girls)!

It is now time for a new chapter in my life... I am excited to start my life in America and I cannot wait to be back with my family!

2 comments:

  1. Awww, do you know yet when you will be leaving for the States? I hope you enjoy your last few weeks (or days) in Germany & don't get too stressed out over packing.
    As for how to define a chick flick? For me that's a movie primarily women enjoy, that you might have to blackmail a man into watching, usually rom coms or movies like Bring It On and Mean Girls (both awesome by the way).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input. Hehe, we had a funny disussion about how to define a chick flick. So hearing someone else's opinion on it is great. You know, I have not watched either of the two movies you mentioned, I guess I really should.
    Oh I wish I knew when I will be leaving... No word from the Consulate yet. Being stressed out over packing? Hmm... not really, just busy. :-)

    ReplyDelete