Monday, March 21, 2011

Shedding Pounds

Have you seen my weight loss tracker?
Since the beginning of this month I am on a weight loss journey. I started with changing my diet and adding exercise.
Four years ago I lost quite some weight by following the New York Body Plan by David Kirsch and I decided to to this same plan again. So I decided to start it again this year. Well the dieting was no problem for me, but the exercising was a disaster. I am out of shape so badly that I could not even finish the work out session. This was a serious wake-up call for me! I could not believe that I allowed myself to get in such a bad shape that I could not even do the same exercises that I did only four years ago. So right now, my work outs are rather moderate, consisting of power walking and light weight training. By mid-month I found this great group on meetup.com: Fort Campbell's "Operation Slim Down" Army Wives Club. This is a group of overweight or obese army wives at Fort Campbell who meet twice a week to exercise together and share weight gain and weight loss experiences along with tips on healthy eating habits and so much more. I joined the group and absolutely love it! Thanks ladies, you are awesome!
Another thing I do is going to a ZUMBA class twice a week after work. I have to say that I am far behind with the moves and need to go many more times before I can really catch on, but I am having so much fun when doing it and I am already "addicted". It is great! I heard about for a while and was reluctant to go for the longest, but as I found out that some of my fellow obese army wives go to ZUMBA too, I decided to give it a try. Now I am hooked!

No comments:

Post a Comment